This system consists of a good sized tail trunk and a pair of saddlebags, which may be used separately or together. Used together, it looks like the tail trunk attaches to the saddlebags, the typical, traditional method... and a method that does not securely attach a heavily laden, large capacity tail trunk to the machine. However, Chase Harper USA's Tri-Pac tail trunk is different. It's attached directly to the motorcycle, independent of the saddlebags. To do this, Chase Harper USA provides a harness system that attaches to the motorcycle seat. Properly adjusted, the harness places the attach rings for the tail trunk in exactly the correct, secure position.
The Aero Pac II Saddle Bags and the Aero Pac II Tail Trunk may be purchased separately.These match perfectly with the Aero Pac II Tank Bag or the Mini Aero Pac Tank Bag
*NOTE* : Adjusting the harness system to your machine for the first time is NOT a quicke, no-brainer. As Chase Harper's Former sales manager (and an 18 year Chase Harper customer) affixing/adjusting the harnesses the first time to my VFR 800 took thirty minutes. I had the seat on and off nine times before I was satisfied with the tail trunk's secure fit and had trimmed the excess webbing. Take your time and you will be rewarded with a tight, wind-cheating luggage system that is really ON your machine.
There are two mounting systems - Harness or Adjustable bungee cords. Both systems come with our bags.
- Bruce Armstrong, Former Chase Harper Sales Manager
One trick in using the harness is that you draw it in as tight as possible then unbuckle the straps and then tighten them about a quarter of an inch and then re-buckle this should eliminate a lot of adjusting back and forth
Specification:- for 4803550BCNW Aeropac II System:
Specification:- for 3550 Aeropac II Saddlebags
- Contoured bag hugs your bike for a cleaner fit
Rubberized Skid-proof & Scratch-proof fabric on contour side keeps bags from moving around on your bike
Available in tough Industrial Grade Ballistic urethane coated nylon
- Bungee Criss Crossed with mesh pockets on both Top Lids
- Internal Top Lid mesh pocket
- Key Fob
Quick release mounting
- Heavy Duty Gymstyle Handle
Sport bike styling
- Luggage feet on the bottom of both bags
- Triangle on top lid to secure more items
- Internal HDPE stiffeners with internal color contrasting fabric
- High-Visibility side and rear stripping
Outstanding cubic inch to dollar value
Skid-proof & scratch-proof underside to protect your bike's finish
- Contoured inner panels hug the bikes body so that you are within the bug line
Seams are bound on the inside and stress-point red stitching & bar tacked at stress points
Dual top # 8 zippers with silent sliders TWO rows of stitching for easy access
Dimensions: 14" x 9" x 10.5" (per side)
- Volume: 1.5 cubic feet or 43.4 liters of space !
- Color: Black
- World Famous Lifetime Warranty
- MADE IN USA
Saddlebag Mounting Instructions
Specification:- for 4800 SJ2 Tail Trunk
- Seams are bound on the inside and stress-point red bar tacked
- Top access main compartment with 3 fold-down protective flaps, plus full outside zipper pocket storage area for papers, etc..
Full-flap, over-the-seat attachment with 2 cinch straps per bag for a secure fit
- All sides, top and bottom padded with .25" foam insulation
- Removable Internal HDPE Natural Stiffeners
- Internal Contrasting fabric
- Internal Key Fob
- Rugged Industrial Grade Ballistic Nylon outer construction with pack cloth interior lining
- Reflective Stripping on all three bags for high visibility
- # 8 zippers with silent sliders TWO rows of stitching
Dimensions:12" x 6" x 9" (per side)
Volume: .75 cubic feet or 21.2 liters of space !
- Color : Black
- World Famous Lifetime Warranty
- MADE IN USA Harness Instructions inside Tail Trunk
Tail Trunk Mounting Instructions